TERRO® Liquid Ant Killer
- Attracts and kills all common household ants
- Kills the ants you see and the ants you don’t
- Worker ants deliver a lethal dose to the rest of the colony
- Apply product to cardboard tiles and place where ants are seen
- The more bait placements the better your results will be
- Use along baseboards, under cabinets and near entry points
Best Used For
Terro® Liquid Ant Killer
When you have a bug problem, you want to ensure your efforts are as simple and effective as possible. TERRO® Liquid Ant Killer uses borax to kill the ants you see, as well as the ants you don’t see. It works by allowing the forager ants to consume the product and survive long enough to carry the liquid back to the nest and deliver a dose to the rest of the colony. Complete control may take up to two weeks. For your convenience, the packaging conveniently comes apart to allow for easy placement.
How Does Liquid Any Killer Work?
Since this is a bait, initially you will see more ants – but don’t worry, this is a good thing. As ants forage for food, they are easily attracted to the sweet liquid. After finding the bait, worker ants consume it and leave behind a pheromone trail leading back to the colony. This trail lets other worker ants know where the newly discovered food supply is. This is why you will see more ants in the beginning.
Meanwhile, the active ingredient, borax, is slowly interfering with each ant’s digestive system, ultimately killing them, but leaving enough time for the ants to go back and share the dose with the rest of the colony. This slow kill is necessary so that foraging ants can make several trips to the bait, allowing you to get rid of both the ants you see and the ants you don’t.
Where to Place Liquid Ant Killer
Place TERRO® Liquid Ant Killer near ant trails and other locations where they are numerous. Apply the baited cardboard tiles on the edges of sinks, tubs, windowsills, under food cabinets, along floors and baseboards and in corners. The more bait placements, the better! Be sure to leave the ant killer undisturbed while the ants are actively feeding on it.
Where to Place Ant & Roach Baits
TERRO® Liquid Ant Killer is very easy to use. Before placing the ant killer, be sure to remove other sources of food, such as crumbs, sugar and grease spots to prevent attracting them elsewhere. Do not place where you’ve already sprayed insecticides, as the pests may avoid the ant killer.
- Tear the "PLACE TERRO® HERE" cardboard tiles from the packaging along the perforated lines. Then, apply drops of the liquid ant killer directly from the bottle onto the smooth side of the tile. you may also substitute with small pieces of paper, cardboard or foil.
- Place the ant killer tiles on a flat surface near signs of target pests. Place additional tiles anywhere they may enter your home. Heavily infested areas may require additional placements.
- Monitor placements regularly, but do not interfere with the pests or bait. Add more liquid if it goes dry or simply add more tiles to ensure there's always a fresh supply for the ants. Depending on the size of the ant invasion, complete control may take up to two weeks.
TERRO® Liquid Ant & Killer Product Details
Interested in learning more about TERRO® Liquid Ant Killer? Take a closer look at its in-depth specifications.
|TERRO® Liquid Ant Killer|
|Active Ingredients||5.40% Sodium Tetraborate Decahydrate (Borax)|
|Eliminates||Common household ants, including acrobat ants, argentine ants, big headed ants, cornfield ants, crazy ants, ghost ants, little black ants, odorous house ants, pavement ants, white footed ants, and other sweet eating ants|
|TERRO® Liquid Ant Killer|
|Each Pack Includes||
|Dimensions||.70 x 1.4 x 5.8 in|
TERRO® Ant Killer SpraySpecial Price $5.99 $5.99 MSRP
TERRO® Perimeter Ant Bait PlusSpecial Price $13.99 $13.99 MSRP
TERRO® Spider & Insect TrapSpecial Price $3.99 $3.99 MSRP
TERRO® Multi-Surface Liquid Ant BaitsSpecial Price $7.79 $7.79 MSRP
TERRO® Liquid Ant BaitsSpecial Price $12.98 $12.98 MSRP
Indoor Pest Prevention KitSpecial Price $39.92 $39.92 MSRP
Outdoor Pest Prevention KitSpecial Price $214.93 $214.93 MSRP
Pest Elimination KitSpecial Price $59.23 $59.23 MSRP