Mosquito Magnet® Executive Mosquito Trap
- Attracts and captures mosquitoes & other biting insects
- LCD front panel offers enhanced diagnostics & user-friendly settings
- Features smart fuel-saving modes and a cordless design
- Covers 1 acre - perfect for backyards & other large outside areas
- Comes with a 1-year warranty
Mosquito Magnet® Executive Trap
The advanced Mosquito Magnet® Executive features Smart Technology, 4 fuel saving modes controlled via an easy-to-read LCD panel and a durable rigid net. These features can extend the life of accessories and propane up to 40% making this cordless trap a great value.
The Mosquito Magnet® Executive trap protects one full acre of land and is backed by Mosquito Magnet's exclusive 360° Customer Support program, so you can confidently win your battle against mosquitoes.
1. Smart Technology
Mosquitoes only become active when the outdoor temperature is at or above 50°F and are most active at dawn. Smart Technology allows the Mosquito Magnet® Executive trap to automatically adjust to these external conditions ensuring optimal mosquito control when it's needed while virtually eliminating propane and attractant waste.
2. Fuel Saving Modes
The Executive offers 4 different fuel saving modes that can be easily set via its LCD panel. These saving modes allow the trap to power down and restart at pre-set times to save propane consumption during mosquito activity off peak hours.
The LCD panel also provides trap maintenance cues so you will always know when it is time to replace the attractant or the net, when the battery is low, the propane is out or even if the propane nozzle is clogged.
3. Self-Contained Rigid Net
The Executive's Mosquito Morgue™ net is engineered to maximize continuous, unblocked airflow - critical to the performance of the trap. This innovative net also allows for easy disposal, eliminating any interaction with mosquitos and features increased capacity, which extends its life up to 40%.
4. Convenient Cordless Design
This cordless trap is powered by a rechargeable Nickel Metal Hydride Battery. This convenient feature allows for proper placement of the trap without needing an electrical outlet nearby or using extension cords that can interfere with lawn maintenance.
5. Easy Assembly
Mosquito Magnet® traps are truly easy-to-set and operate. Assembling is done in just 3 quick steps. Once started, your trap will begin working immediately with noticeable results in 7-10 days. Allow a 4-week time frame to see significant reduction in your mosquito population. For optimal results, run your trap 24 hours a day initially in order to break the breeding cycle of the mosquitoes.
Increase Your Catch Rate With The Right Accessories
Using the proper secondary attractant is proven to increase your mosquito catch rate by up to 10 times. These attractants lure mosquitoes to the trap by mimicking human skin scents and other natural odors.
Mosquito Magnet® attractants are the only brand to be EPA-registered and proven effective. This buying guide assists you in making the right decision based on your location and other factors.
The Mosquito Magnet® Advantage
Mosquito Magnet® traps are backed by over 20 years of research and 15 patents that make our traps technologically advanced.
Mosquito Magnet® traps work by mimicking the way humans attract mosquitoes. Through its exclusive patented CounterFlow™ technology the trap converts propane into CO2, mixes it with the precise level of heat, moisture and attractant to lure mosquitoes to the trap and then vacuums mosquitoes into the net where they dehydrate and die.
Watch How it Works Video »
Why is trap placement important
- Proper placement is vital to the efficacy of your trap
- Place the trap upwind from mosquito breeding areas
- The trap should be no less than 30 feet away from where most human activity occurs
Setting Fuel-Saving Modes
The trap has the option to run 24/7 or in one of 4 Fuel-Saving Modes which can extend the life of your propane tank. The propane tank will last 21 days by operating your trap 24/7, which is recommended for the optimal catch rate. Please see the chart below to see the corresponding propane usage expended based on the mode of operation.
|Operation Fuel-Saving||Tank Life*||Shut Down Day Time||Shut Down Night Time|
|Mode 1||22 Days||1 Hour||1 Hour|
|Mode 2||24 Days||2 Hours||2 Hours|
|Mode 3||27 Days||3 Hours||3 Hours|
|Mode 4||30 Days||4 Hours||4 Hours|
*Based on a 20lb (9.07kg.) propane tank
The Fuel-Saving Mode of operation will stop the propane use in the middle of the day & during the middle of the night. Research has shown mosquito activity is typically lowest during these time frames.
Prior to setting your Fuel-Saving modes, your trap must run 24/7 for 3 full days to allow the "Smart Technology" system to learn the cycles of day and night. This system uses a photo sensor to allow the trap to learn and adjust shut downs based on the shift in sunrise and sunset as seasons change.
- Press the MODE button to select the Gas Saver Mode Setting.
- Every time the MODE button is pressed the Mode will cycle through 1, 2, 3, 4, Off, 1, etc.
Mode 1 will shut down the trap 1 hour during the middle of the day and 1 hour during the middle of the night. Modes 2, 3 and 4 correspond to 2, 3, and 4 hours of shut down time respectively.
- To indicate the trap is in Fuel-Saver Mode, the arrows will flash and the green LED light will be off. Additionally, the Sun element will flash during the day and the Moon element will flash during the night when the trap is in Fuel-Saving Mode. The fan will continue to operate in the trap, at a reduced speed, to prevent any escape of mosquitoes but will not capture any additional mosquitos during this time frame.
- Cold Temperature Shutdown The trap has a temperature sensor that will not allow the trap to start or will automatically shut down the trap when the outdoor air temperature is below 50°F (10°C). Research has shown that there is very little mosquito activity during this time frame.
If the trap is running (word RUN is visible & green LED light on) & the temperature drops below 50°F (10°C) the trap will shut down. When the trap is in Cool Down Mode the word COOL and the Thermometer icon will flash. The trap will restart when the temperature sensor indicates the air temperature is above 55°F (13°C).
If the trap is in warm up mode it will shut down when the temperature is below 50°F (10°C) but it will not restart automatically.
- Low Battery Warning
The battery icon and attention will flash if the battery needs to be recharged.
Child Safety Lock
The ON/OFF button needs to be held for 3 full seconds to turn-on the trap.